Sunday, May 12, 2013

Idaho Christmas

Anson was going to be heading to Idaho for some Job interviews in early January and we decided last minute to make it a family affair! So instead of Anson taking a quick trip – we spent a few weeks up there visiting my family. It was so fun to be there, because for a short time all of my siblings were together and everyone was able to meet our little Evy!



I was born the same time of year as Evy so she has been able to wear some of the things that my mom saved from when I was a baby.  These little Christmas pajamas were ones that my Grandma Clark gave me and Evy wore them on Christmas Eve!
 



Shaef loved opening presents – especially the ones that were super hero related or transformer related. 




He also loved the snow!  His coat was a size 2 (he was 3 ½) and we didn’t have snow pants or boots for him….but he didn’t care.  He would put that coat on and his hat and gloves and march around in the snow.  He would come in and his poor legs would be freezing but he didn’t care – he loved it!  He also loved helping shovel (that could come in handy later) and learned how to throw snowballs at people.  He got pretty good at throwing them right in your face.   







Above is a picture of Shaef shovel sledding, which was super funny!  We also got to go sledding 2 other times.  One of the times I stayed home with miss Evy and the next time we left her with the Grandparents.  Shaef LOVES sledding.   He would hop on the sled, scream all the way down the hill, run all the way back up and con anyone that was near to go with him again!  

Shaef and
 Anson's snowball fight!




Evy was not a fan of the snow.
 Lil' Miss Evy Lou on Christmas Day
 This happens every day.....she doesn't like headbands.
 Family Photo!
We also had our annual Clark family Gingerbread Structure building party.  It is always so much fun to see how creative everyone is!  It is good that we have added some Sisters in law to bring new ideas and also have the nieces growing up and adding their ideas too!
The Leaning Tower of Pisa
 The "UP!" house (Christmas style)

 The cruise ship
 The space ship (Thank you Tris for humoring my nerdy husband!)
 Everyone working hard on their houses!
 Optimus Prime
 Tanner and Megan will have to explain this....I think it was something to do with an angry bird and an ice skating rink?
 Shaef had a blast playing super heroes and transformers with Uncle Mike!


My sweet Grandparents were able to spend some time with us too and it was so fun to see them with all of their Great Grandchildren from our family.  Evy wasn't too happy with all the picture taking.
 My siblings, my grandparents and my cousin Nick.
 Miss Triss is a favorite of the nieces. 
 Grandpa Tom gave his grandsons BYU warmups and shirts.  They are both Grandpa's buddies and are following in the right footsteps.
 I love the crazy times that we have as a family and very appropriately my Nieces call my dad "Silly Grandpa Tom".  Any holiday with bows or ribbon will lead to this....

 And since we had so much fun it made sense that we were worn out! 

 Trissy has the magic touch!
 Our time ended with the traditional New Years Eve Fondue Party!  (This might be my favorite tradition!)

All in all it was a successful trip!  We got to see all my siblings and my nieces and nephew, my sister announced baby #5 for their family, Anson got a job in Pocatello, my kids got spoiled, none of us got sick, and memories were made! 

No comments: