Friday, June 8, 2012

Baby Gender Prediction Craziness :)

There is a lot of excitement to know what gender your baby is.  For me I definitely want to find out at the 18-20 week ultrasound so that I can get ready for the little one....sewing and shopping are my favorite things! My big mid-pregnancy ultrasound is scheduled for June 11 so on Monday we should find out girl or boy.  


 When I was pregnant with Shaefer I was sure that he was going to be a boy....not because of a dream or anything but a feeling.  Turns out I was right! :)  With this baby I have had zero feelings about gender besides that it would be fun to have a girl and it would be cheaper to have a boy! 


Since I have no impressions either way, I thought it would be fun to look at the Old Wives Tales (completely understanding that they are "Wives Tales" and that most of them say different things on different sites....) but here are my findings.  

Old Wives Tales about Gender Prediction

 If the heartbeat is over 140 then it’s a girl, if it’s under 140 it’s a boy.
 Last time I was at the Doctor, the baby’s heartbeat was about 150-160 beats per minute. Girl

 If the baby’s dad is gaining weight with the mom, then it’s a girl.
 Anson gained no weight with Shaefer but has gained some weight since Shaefer.....I dont' think it is pregnancy related but more law school realted.  Girl

If the mother craves sweets, it’s a girl, if she craves sour things, it’s a boy.  Good luck with that one.
All I want to eat most of the time: Cheetos or Chips........but I have been wanting to eat a whole lot of red vines too...but I am not really into anything sour.  Girl

If you are severely sick you are having a boy...but also if you are sick in the morning it is a boy or sick at night it is a girl.  
 I was really sick this time for about the first 15 weeks......and I wasn't sick at all with Shaef. And I was always more sick at night than in the morning.  Boy or Girl  

If you have acne then you are having a girl. 
My 1st trimester my chin was never clear...but I was also in humid Florida!  Girl

 If the baby is carrying low- it’s a boy, high- it’s a girl.  
I don't really know how I am carrying...and since I have the shortest body (and longer legs) I feel huge all over.  But I can still button up some of my regular non-maternity pants so maybe I am carrying high? Girl



When holding a pendant over your belly if it swings back and forth it is a boy, if it is more circular than it is a girl.  
It swung in a circle.  Girl

According to www.babygenderprediction.com and their "Old Wive's Tales Gender Prediction Method.....
 there is a 60% chance that it is a  Girl.



According to the Chinese Gender Chart.  
Boy

Anson: thinks that the baby is a girl although he is not as sure about this one as he was when he thought Shaef was a boy.  

Shaefer: thinks the baby is a boy but constantly uses "she" when talking about the baby....and for awhile his brother was going to be named Master Shifu but now has decided it is going to be Little Shaef.  

My Mom: is Sure it is a Girl...although she says that she would love it the same either way.  

So if you have an opinion... what do you think???  


8 comments:

Marinda said...

Haha! That's awesome that Shaefer was going to call him Master Shifu. Marielle's boys were convinced that their new brother was going to be named Tiger and now it's become a joke but they sometimes call him that! I think that you're going to have a girl! I mean, all the old wives' tales clearly point to a girl! Either way, I am so excited for you!!

Cecilia Murphy said...

That is so funny! I haven't really seen how you look, but I'm going to guess its a girl! When we found out that Jonah was a boy, Joshy cried and said "no!!" He wanted a girl and was always telling us that it was going to be a sister. Can't wait to find out what you're having!

casey p said...

I'm saying boy. It seems to be the growing trend among the law wives!

Lindsey Chadwick said...

haha! So fun! Maybe you'll have a boy AND a girl! :)

Loni and Tyler said...

The trend really seems to be boys right now.... So maybe you'll break it! i'll say girl!

Mellissa said...

All the Old Wives Tales were wrong for me... They all led to girl when I was pregnant, but then we found out we were having our sweet precious BOY, so... I am going with boy because the majority of your "Old Wives Tales" say girl!! Either one would be fun!!

Kacey said...

mmm I'm going with a girl! Remember the one time we did the ring/string game and you had 1 boy and 3 girls? haha so obviously it has to be a girl!

Taryn said...

So fun to see you today! You look awesome and I don't know if I'm just being swayed by everything else saying girl, but my vote is girl!!!