Sunday, August 19, 2012

Shaef's funnies!

So I think that 3 is my favorite age/stage yet in this growing up business.  (But I think that at every stage for many reasons.)  I do wish he would stop growing up so fast but I am loving where we are at so much!  Shaefer doesn't ever stop talking.  As I am typing this post, he is laying in his bed talking and singing to himself.  Any meal takes twice as long because he can't stop talking long enough to eat his food.  He is constantly asking questions, playing out scenarios with his toys, telling us about things that have happened, pointing out things he remembers, or most of the time saying something hilarious!  Many times throughout the day Anson and I look at each other and giggle, and then Shaef says "What are you two laughing at?"  Here are some of his most recent funnies.  Some of these may not be funny to you, but I want to record them so I never forget them!

Shaefer loves superheroes and has a book (3 year old style) that talks about the superheroes.  In it, it says that Wolverine has strong bones and sharp claws.  A few nights ago we were saying prayers and in his prayers he said "please help me to grow healthy and strong like Wolverine."  I am sure that Heavenly Father loved that one.

Today I was talking to him and he was asking if my friend's kids were all grown up. (She doesn't have any kids yet but is expecting her first.)  I told him that she didn't have any kids yet but that she had a baby in her belly now just like mom.  He said "She does?"  looked at me surprised and then said "Can I take care of her cats?"  (I am pretty sure he doesn't know that pregnant women can't change the litter box......)

Tonight we were reminding him to bless a family member and the baby she is pregnant with because she is having some complications.  He looked at me and said "You and her both have babies in your bellies?" put his hands on his cheeks and then said "Oh my goodness!"

We stopped in Arizona to spend time with Anson's family before we came back to Florida.  One day we were driving in the car and he said "I don't want to be in the desert anymore!"

My mom took us to the Pocatello Zoo and we were looking at the animals.  We walked past an Elk mom and baby and Shaef said "I smell something...I think it is furg....Elk furg."  My mom, little sister, and I were all laughing and he said "What are you laughing about ladies?"  We told him he was funny and then started asking him what "furg" was...what color: "brown".  So we let it go and then a second later he saw a feather on the ground and he said "Furg!"  Then I was confused because I didnt' think that is what "furg" was.  We continued to ask him what "furg" was over the next few days but never really got a clear answer.  Then I was on a walk with him and we saw a black and white dog.  Shaef said "Mom that dog has white legs and black furg!"

We were talking about relatives once and Shaef was not even part of the conversation.  All of a sudden he yells from the other side of the room "What is a Gorilla Tube?"  It took me a little bit to realize that he he thought we had said "Gorilla Tube" instead of "relative".

My little brother got married in San Diego so my whole side of the family was staying in a hotel.  Every morning Shaef had "Fruit Loops" for breakfast.  One day we got together to have a family prayer and we were kneeling down in my parents room.  We were all quiet waiting for the prayer to start and Shaef said "I didn't poop on that!"  and pointed to a fruit loop that was on the floor.

Another time we had just got done doing something fun as a family and I asked Shaef what his favorite part was.  He replied, "Leaving."

Shaef''s little buddy Brooklyn moved away when her Dad graduate law school last year and when we got back this summer he realized she wasn't coming back.  He was so sad that she was gone.  Anson said "Should we move to Idaho when I get done with school in a year?" and Shaefer said "No I don't want you to leave me!" When we told him that we would go as a whole family and nobody would be left behind he said "Oh ok!"

He is really interested in Heaven lately so a lot of our conversations tend to include Heaven.......

Anson was talking to Shaefer about his pet when he was younger, a dog named "Nipper".  Shaefer asked where the dog went and Anson said "It died because it had cancer."  Shaefer said, "Is he in Heaven?"  We said yes and then Shaefer said "I want to go to Heaven."  I said "Oh you can't go yet I will miss you too much!"  Then he said "You won't miss me, you aren't even my mom and dad!"

This one is a little more serious but crazy coming from a 3 year old.
In Idaho we were driving in the car to pick Anson up from work and here was our conversation.....
 Shaef: "Jesus Christ and Joseph Smith."
Me: "Why did you say those names? What are you thinking about?"
Shaef: "I was thinking about Heavenly Father.....Is he here?"
Me: "Well....he is in Heaven."
Shaef: "Did he die?"
Me: "No he is a God so he doesn't die."
Shaef: "Oh He's gone?"
Me: "Not really gone, he just is in Heaven."
Anson got in the car and so he joined in....
Shaef: "Where is Heavenly Father?"
Anson: "In Heaven."
Shaef: "Did he die?"
Anson: "No, we used to live with him and we came to earth but someday we will go back to live with him."
Shaef: "Where is Heaven?"
Anson: "I don't really know."
Shaef: "Is it in Space?"
Anson: "Ya but I don't really know where."
Shaef: "I want to go on a rocket ship to Heaven."
Anson: "To get to Heaven we have to be obedient and keep the commandments so we can go back to live with our Heavenly Father."
Shaef: "What do we have to do?"
Anson: "Be good and make good choices."
After that he started talking about something else and the conversation ended - I think it is crazy that his little mind can think about all that!

We sure love our little comedian! 







4 comments:

Brynn said...

Haha good stories! We love and miss little Shaefer!

Lindsey Chadwick said...

this post just made my day...me and my mom were peeing our pants laughing so hard! Tell Shaef we LOVE him!! :)

Rachel said...

love this!! what a smart, sweet, funny little guy! can't wait to see you all again :)

Kacey said...

ahh we miss you guys and Brooklyn sure misses shaef! You have to live in Idaho so we can stop by and see you guys someday!